The vision of the Library Association of Trinidad and Tobago (LATT) is to provide leadership in the Library and Information field, to establish standards and to promote the interests of its membership and libraries and information services, nationally, regionally and internationally.
The mission of the Library Association of Trinidad and Tobago (LATT) is to promote the growth and development of the library information professional as well as the advancement of library and information services, thereby ensuring access to information for all.
The general objectives of the Library Association of Trinidad and Tobago (LATT) are:
- To provide an environment which will facilitate the growth and development of members of the Association
- To develop and implement measures to safeguard professional status
- To enhance the image of the Association
- To increase the financial resources of the Association
- To provide the appropriate infrastructure for administering the business of the Association
- To impact on the development of national policy as it relates to library and information services
- To promote the development of the highest quality services and maximum use of library and information resources